Ready to Shape the Future?
We’re looking for a few extra hands!
Sr. Perception Software Engineer
US Citizenship (or Permanent Resident / Green Card holder) Required
Do you enjoy working with prototypes? Do you have a knack for developing algorithms to identify objects and occlusions? If the answers are yes, we’re looking for you.
At MechaSpin, we specialize in industrial automation tasks using advanced sensors. Our Perception Engineering team focuses on developing and demonstrating automation technologies, which are often used in conjunction with remote control, semi-autonomous, and fully autonomous machine control systems. In this role you will work on development and application of perception technologies and systems. As we grow, we are looking to add exceptional talent to our team to apply innovative solutions for our customers.
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Research and develop new technology
- Develop new or updates to software algorithms related to Perception Systems
- Integrate perception software into prototype systems
- Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas
- Evaluate new products, processes, or systems
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Participate in R&D programs through entire lifecycle, from initial inception through production and maintenance phases
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, ECE, Computer Science, or a related field; Master’s or PhD strongly preferred
- Experience with LiDAR, computer vision, sensor fusion, probabilistic perception, point cloud processing, object tracking, data association, optimization, and/or machine learning is a plus
- 4+ years of experience in C++, Python or other programming language (Object-Oriented Software experience a plus)
- Experience with Point Cloud Library (PCL) a plus
- Experience with Robotic Operating System (ROS) a plus
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with mathematical modeling
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to learn
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and creative thinking
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Our work environment is different than you’re likely used to in all the right ways! We encourage growth, collaboration and creativity
- Work Remotely! Our team is distributed across the US and we welcome remote employees. We also have opportunities to work in our offices in Lake Mary, FL
- We are looking for applicants who are passionate about what they do and who will be just as enthusiastic about our company as we are!
- Opportunity to act as a lead for a team of junior and senior developers, mentoring them, reviewing their design / code and ensuring timely delivery of quality output as a team, etc
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org